To qualify for the Examination, the following discipline requirement must be met at the time of application and Examination:

Note: Individuals applying with qualifying advanced degree (1.C. below) are required to use the paper application method and official transcripts must be submitted with the application. Applicants meeting discipline requirement 1.A. or 1.B. may apply using either the on-line application process or submitting a paper application. Click here for application information.

1. Discipline*

One must be:
a) A clinical psychologist, registered nurse, occupational therapist, optometrist, pharmacist, physical therapist, physician (M.D. or D.O.), or podiatrist holding a current, active, unrestricted license from the United States or its territories.
b) A dietitian or dietitian nutritionist holding active registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, PA holding active registration with the NCCPA, clinical exercise professional holding active certification with American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as a Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM CEP), previously known as ASCM Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist, clinical exercise professional holding active certification with the ACSM as a Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist® (ACSM RCEP), health educator holding active certification as a Master Certified Health Education Specialist with the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing;
c) A health professional with a master's degree or higher in social work from a United States college or university accredited by a nationally recognized regional accrediting body.

To verify the program of study specific to social work, an official transcript that indicates that the advanced degree in social work was awarded must be submitted with the Application for the Examination.

After meeting this requirement, the educator can begin to accrue the minimum professional practice hours of DE and continuing education hours needed prior to applying for the Examination.

*Don't hold a license, registration, or the degree in social work described above for the standard pathway? Click here for information on the "Unique Qualifications" Pathway that is available to health professionals holding advanced degrees in other health care concentrations/majors.

Click here for the details on the professional practice experience requirement.
Click here for the details on the continuing education hour requirement.
Click here to review the fee information.